Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

QUILT FINISHED and SHIPPED
     I was so happy to get the quilt finished and shipped . Now I can start on a new project.

 Here is the finished quilt.
   
This is the close up of the left side middle of this quilt. It is a 12x12 in. size quilt and is made from scraps of  cotton fabric I had. I used machine embroidery on solvy to make the moss on the stump.
    The trees were painted on using watercolor pencils and thread-painting. The leaves on the new trees in the foreground were painted on  using chopped fabric and glue . Once dry they have a 3-d effect.
   I used ultra heat and bond to make the 3-d leaves and flowers of the plants on the log.
   The flowers were made from fused fabric and then they were painted with fabric pens.
   I printed photo on fabric with my printer ,bonded them to fabric and thread painted the surface.
 each leaf on the plant was stitched and painted separately them applied to the quilt.
                                                                                    
I used a brown batik cloth for the binding.I put a 2 in wide hanging sleeve on the back.
   I printed my label on some cloth and bonded it to the back.

 The is a donation quilt.

     I'm going to cut out some fabric for the wallet shopping bags I want to make and maybe I will get enough done to post tomorrow.