Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

FIRST STEPS
             I just finished printing out my photos of the garden and pinning them in sequence across the front of the space I'm going to draw my design in. Now that that step is done I will make another  black line drawing of design. The first design I was going to use I felt just had to much roadway in the design and I decided to focus more on the garden.
        I will  pick out all the features I think will be represent to look of the garden best and make drawing of each and then place the drawing of each feature in the center design.
          Once the black and white drawing is finished I can transfer the design to a piece of fabric and start making the appliques and fabric pieces I will need for the center and outside edge of the quilt.
      I like to make garden quilts because I am able to use up allot of scraps and I love gardens and doing a quilt like this is very relaxing. It really helps reduce stress. 
       I could have taken and panoramic view of the garden and made photos but I decided to do it this way . and just take single shots , print them and  put them together. Both work
          

      This is all I'm going to do today because I need to do some work on the resource list  for a book my friend and I are working on.  
     I try to get a little time in each day to work on the quilt,  It is a big project and will take several  weeks to finish.
     I'm also starting a new project in the next day or two. I'm going to make some swirled  polymer beads that will look like pieces of Christmas candy. I wanted to make them to put in the shop for the Christmas season this year. I need to cut some stencils so I can paint snowflakes on fabric to make bags from. Never can start to soon for Christmas. Thought I would keep the projects simple this year and do a couple of simple projects because I  working on two big jobs and I don't want to get overwhelmed.