Welcome to my site

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing what I do with you. All images on this site are copyrighted 2003 - 2015. Please do not use any of the photos without my written permission. Thank you.

Friday, August 15, 2014

NEW QUILT
            I  started the new quilt a few days ago .
            I picked eight vegetable and three fruits  to put on the outside edge of the quilt. These are the vegetables and fruits that my neighbor grew this year. 
           I will be making appliques of each fruit and vegetable.
   The next thing I'm going to be doing is drawing the design of the garden in the blank center .
         I took allot of pictures of my neighbors garden . I will  resize my photos and print out the ones I'm going to use to make my patterns from for the quilt.
        

        Once I get all the patterns made I will cut  the fabric for each pattern and put them in separate bags.
   I have placed  a piece of clear wrapping paper over the top of my design and  once I get my design drawn on the freezer paper  I will draw a second pattern on the clear wrapping paper and use this black line drawing to help me place all the pattern pieces . 
        
        This quilt will take me three to six months to complete.